Sunday, November 18, 2012

"30 Days of Gratitude" ~ Day 17 ~ Your 5 Senses


(Take a minute now to consider one of these senses and why you appreciate it.)

It's impossible to think about one of the senses and why you appreciate it, without thinking of the other 4!

None the less, I've settled on the sense of hearing.  It touches so many aspects of life.  With my hearing, I've woke (gently) to the sound of birds in the summer, less gently to the sound of my alarm(s) every day.  I've listened to the fall of the rain, the laughter of children in a playground. I ring in the holiday season listening to choirs singing Christmas carols.  I hear the joy of a friend - conveyed through their voice.  I've heard the pain of friends and helped them to talk through it with my voice.

So much to be thankful for the gift of hearing.

No comments: