Tuesday, October 15, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 15 - Sense of Humour

"Did you hear the one about the...? When was the last time you chuckled, laughed out loud (not just typed lol), or even had your cheeks hurting, your sides splitting and you found yourself having to catch your breath? Offer your story of something or someone that cracked you up and why you're grateful."

Oh man - a few posts back, I thought of the things that give me an honest to goodness giggle.  There is one thought that keeps coming to mind.  It's an oldie. 

Years ago - I can't have been more than 19 or 20.  My first roommate and I had so much fun.  If there was ever a girl ready to laugh, that was my roomie. I wasn't quite solvent enough, yet, to have a proper bed.  In its place, I had a number of single mattresses, and foam's stacked on top of one another.  Maybe 6 in total?  Well.  The best part of the day was when we'd both get home from work or school, and take turns running down the hallway and jumping on that stack of mattresses.  The bounce was *amazing!* If there is ever a time that I need a good pick-me-up, and if I can access that memory, I can be assured of a good giggle.

I am grateful that so many of my friends are looking for the opportunity to laugh. Facebook serves as a great reflection of our lives.  If I know anything, I know that if I post an opportunity for my friends to add something giggle-worthy - they will be all over it like a dirty shirt.  And I will be grateful for our fun.

No comments: