Saturday, October 05, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 5 - A Special Place

"It could be an exotic location or a certain chair in your home. A place that gives you a sense of yourself or a reminder of how you are connected to the world. Offer your gratitude - and a glimpse of just why this particular place came to mind."

I like gratitudes like this one. There are times, on a sunny day, where I am on the deck of the pool, I lift my face to the sun, I close my eyes, and feel the heat and power, and light, and love flow through me.  And times when I am in the middle of a park.  I lift my face to the sun, I close my eyes, and feel the heat and power, and light, and love flow through me.  And times in church when I lift my face in prayer, towards (usually) spotlights in the ceiling, and I feel the heat and power, and light and love flow through me. And times when I'm out in the back yard for a nap in that special chair, I lift my face to the sun, I close my eyes, and feel the heat and power and light and love flow through me.

Less than a certain place, this action that is tied to many places, reminds me that I am a child of God, that I hold a place in this world, that love flows to me, through me and for me. And I am thankful to Him, that He can give me this total feeling of belonging, support and care.

No comments: