Sunday, October 06, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 7 - Music

"Listening, creating, moving to the rhythms. Music is a portal to our hearts' emotions - from joy to grief. It can be an avenue to the soul, a place of respite, an international language."

In two short years, I've found my way back to music.  It's a way to get to know people more deeply.  It's a way to meet people I wouldn't otherwise meet.  It keeps my mind sharp as I try to comprehend the "why" of a sound.  It has kept lost loved ones close to my heart.  It has joined me with the past. It is keeping me company into the future. It sooths the rough edges on a bad day, and emphasizes the triumphs of a good day.

I'm so thankful for that one "learn to play harmonica in one easy lesson" - and I'm so thankful for the person who started me in that direction.  It has made all the difference.

No comments: