Wednesday, October 09, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 9 - Inventions

"According to Aldous Huxley, "most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted." Think of all the modern inventions that we use today and barely notice. Consider something that makes your life easier and thank it today."

Inventions! I was stumped.  What could I write about inventions?  On the drive home - it hit me pretty much everything is an invention. And so - on with the show!

Inventions that I'm really excited about because they make life easier:
- laundry machines
- cars
- glasses
- lawn mowers
- winches
- computers
- language
- alphabets

Inventions that I'm excited about because they appeal to one (or more) of my senses when I use them (or see them used):
- aluminum can tabs (sound nifty)
- pin-ball flappers
- stethoscopes
- headlamps
- nut crackers
- perfume

Inventions that I love because using them makes me giggle:
- yoga balls
- bells with the ding-y thing on top
- trampolines
- swings
- waterslides
- mechanical pencils (ok.  I don't giggle.  They make me feel studious.)

I have a pretty long drive home from work, and so the list just got longer and longer. And I'm excited to say that I figured it out.  I'm thankful that people keep making things.  And sharing things.  And showing things.  Thanks people, for your stuff.   

No comments: